Potomac River Run Fall Marathon
Set for its 19th running along the C&O Canal Towpath that unfolds alongside the river that gives the race its name, the Potomac River Run Marathon & Half Marathon is actually run twice each year — there’s this springtime race and another run in the fall. This race — which bills itself as the “easiest marathon and half marathon .
- Flat - scenic - beautiful views of the Potomac River - tree-lined - shaded - out’n’back
- The course is 100% unpaved gravel except for about 50 meters across a wooden footbridge and about 50 meters of concrete at Lock 5 and under I-495 to prevent erosion
- No roads, no crossings, no hills
- 2023 Boston Marathon Qualifier
- Start and finish at Fletcher’s Cove