Big Island International Marathon & Half Marathon, 10K, 5KHilo, HI USAMarch 20, 2022
This scenic, USATF certified course follows “the coast of old Hawaii”, up along the Pacific Ocean, past exotic waterfalls, down and over narrow bridges and lava beaches. Hilo is one of the cooler, more lush ports of Hawaii, which translates into good running conditions. Enthusiastic volunteers at well placed aid stations, make this a memorable marathon for everyone. Food and refreshments provided at the finish line.
- Hand Carry late registrations to the Health & Fitness Expo in Grand Naniloa Hotel on Saturday March 19, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Do Not Mail After March 1, 2022
- Mandatory Packet Pick-up for ALL runners is at the Health/Fitness Expo at the Grand Naniloa Hotel on Saturday, March 19, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Full Marathon begins at 6:00 a.m.
- Half Marathon begins at 6:15 a.m.
- 10K begins at 6:30 a.m.
- 5K begins at 7:00 a.m.
- 2-mile walk begins at 7:30 a.m.
- The Finish Line closes at 1:00 p.m. for all races.
- Finisher T-Shirts NOT guaranteed if entering after February 10, 2022.
IMPORTANT RACE INFORMATION
Health and Safety Requirements and Information:
- Masks will be required to be worn at the expo, before the race until you cross the starting line (a trashcan will be provided at the start to dispose of your mask) and then again after crossing the finishing line. Disposable masks will be provided.
- Aid stations will be about every 3 to 4 miles with bottled water only. Please put empty bottles in trash cans at the aid stations because there will be no volunteers on the course to pick them up.
- There will be a timed staggered start so runners can social distance in the starting area.
- There will be no awards ceremony. Awards will be given out when results are official.
- Runners will be required to agree that they have no symptoms and a normal temperature.
- Any last minute details will be covered at the expo.
- There will be social distancing at the expo.